Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Photo Editor
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there, just thought I would share with you guys a rendering I did of my work in progress '56 210. The car is currently under the knife having a lot of cancerous sheetmetal replaced. I have dubbed the car the "Fifty-sick-six six" due to the condition it was in when we (myself, father and brother) began the restoration.
The rendering is a water color, gouache, and ink on bristol paper.
Hope you all dig it!

Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
That's a very nice rendering. Do you do that for a living or a hobby or both?

·
Photo Editor
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys.
Yea, I am a freelance illustrator but I have been drawing cars and hot rods since I was a little fart. I do a lot of hot rod inspired art work, wether it be renderings of cars being built, cars already created or cartoon images of a car or rod, a la Ed Roth.

I have samples of my work at my portfolio website, joesander.com
Also in the sketchbook section is a cool little self defacing sketch I did of myself in the Sick-Six-Six. ( http://www.joesander.com/sketchbook.htm )

Joe

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
hey JLS the shot of the steel car on the trailer could pass for the twin sister of the '55 I had in '70 thru '73, cept mine was a BelAir and didn't have front bumper.
I had a lot of fun with that car, it was daily driver and ran 12.60's with the street tires

·
Photo Editor
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey JLS the shot of the steel car on the trailer could pass for the twin sister of the '55 I had in '70 thru '73, cept mine was a BelAir and didn't have front bumper.
I had a lot of fun with that car, it was daily driver and ran 12.60's with the street tires
Hey Mike, if you have any pics I would love to see them, feel free to e-mail them to me!
And if you're in the market for a purdy drawing of it, let me know!

Joe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts