Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello,new to forum, i just recently bought a 56 3600. but can't find alot of things for them,thinking of changing suspension over to 3100.(is that a sin?).does any one have interchangeability list ,i think front axle ,rear axle and all the leafs.any input would be helpfull,thanks in advance

·
Registered
738 Posts
Welcome to the site, sit tight and I know one of the good old boys will be able to answer your query, in the meantime how about posting some pictures, nothing like looking at someones new truck.
:pics-1:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i like pics to,those pics are the way i found the truck in the barn,last time i think i'll find that again... thanks for the replies

·
Registered
372 Posts
Welcome to the forums......

I too have a 56....mine was my grandfather's. I have finally gotten some more work done today after a long hiatus. It was so stinking hot down here in the deep south this year that I just couldn't get myself motivated (and my wife had me remodeling a bathroom or two). I spent about five hours today on the sandblaster and spraying primer. I will probably be finding sand hidden in all the hard to find spots on my bod for the next few days/weeks. Hope you enjoy your new truck.

Ken

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Looks like a cool old truck, have fun with her:)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
It's hard to tell from the pic, is that a long bed truck w/8 lug wheels? The 3600 was a 3/4 ton, and the 3100 was a half ton. As far as I know all 3600's were long beds. I don't see enough advantage going to all the trouble to change suspension like you're talking about. I would consider late model stuff to make the truck more fun to drive if I was going to go to the trouble.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I too have a 56....mine was my grandfather's. I have finally gotten some more work done today after a long hiatus. It was so stinking hot down here in the deep south this year that I just couldn't get myself motivated (and my wife had me remodeling a bathroom or two). I spent about five hours today on the sandblaster and spraying primer. I will probably be finding sand hidden in all the hard to find spots on my bod for the next few days/weeks. Hope you enjoy your new truck.

Ken
thinking of doing like a drivable project,looks like you have a lot of history with you're truck,mine not that exciting ,the guy i bought it from ,it was his grandfathers(kept in the barn since 72"). He didn't want anything to do with with it.so i saved it from going to the scrapyard

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's hard to tell from the pic, is that a long bed truck w/8 lug wheels? The 3600 was a 3/4 ton, and the 3100 was a half ton. As far as I know all 3600's were long beds. I don't see enough advantage going to all the trouble to change suspension like you're talking about. I would consider late model stuff to make the truck more fun to drive if I was going to go to the trouble.
yes, it's a 56 3600 with 8 lug longbed,have the spare tire carrier for driver side fender,all surface rust,little 235 runs good..thanks for the advise i do want it to be fun

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks bam55,i plan on using as much info as possible also i'm like you,it's not a timed event to get the truck done,it's up to me when i feel ready,thanks again

1 - 20 of 31 Posts