Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to register my recently purchased truck in Florida and the frame VIN number (both of them) do not have the first 2 digits (letter and number) showing on the title which indicate the series which is 3E for 3600 (3/4 ton). It is definitely a 3600. The remaining 11 numbers (year, plant, production number) are there and match the title from California. I've heard sometimes they did not put the full number on the frame. The original door tag only has the GVR/weight and no VIN. The driveline was refitted with newer 350, tranny, etc. so there is no numbers on them. The problem is that the tag agency in all their wisdom did not allow me to register and are now saying that I need to go to the DMV to perform a formal VIN check! Obviously the odds are impossible to have matched all 11 numbers, be a 3600, previously registered in CA (production facility from VIN was Oakland, CA) and not be the truck. I know its legit. Problem is I cannot show the 2 series digits (3E) on the frame and I'm afraid to go to the DMV and them tell me NO. Is there any other place that might have the full VIN??? Please help. THANK YOU!

·
Registered
6 Posts
No VIN plate on inner drivers side A pillar ? (behind vent window).

Could worry about or just try DMV, maybe they won't be concerned over missing 3E. :anim_25:

Finally, buy some number stamps, practice a smidge and add the missing 3E. Just don't tell anyone and you didn't hear it from me or do it.

·
Registered
68,433 Posts
might find some info in library area on homepage. :anim_25:

·
Registered
496 Posts
My truck was titled to the vin on the block instead of the frame and cab vin. Some states did that I was told. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts