Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new to the site. I'm not a car builder by trade, but work on all my stuff alone. My biggest question is what do I have to do to install a full outer rear quarter panel on my 210 2door sedan. I cant find anyone that makes any for the sedans, only hardtop & conv. What do you have to do to make this panel work with the 210's. Thanks Jeremy

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:to bowtie-trifive Jeremy from another 56 owner:shakehands: I'm no body man but I have heard the hard top panel will work but you have to cut a notch in it where it makes the dip... Later, Dave

68,758 Posts
:hello: hi jeremy and welcome. good to have you here. try www.classicchevy.com. they have install info on their product and say they can be easily altered for 2dr sedans.. :anim_25:

·
12,256 Posts
Here's some pics of my Nomad that show what you have to do on a wagon since it doesn't have a dip. A sedan would be similar. Some guys do a diagonal cut towards the top like the initial cut in my first picture below, but I would NOT recommend it. I did it on the passenger side and it gave me all sorts of problems. I cut the driver's side differently and it works a lot better. You can see the cut line in the first pic, and also in the second pic where it's tacked.

Another recommendation is to use your ORIGINAL tailight openings, not the ones on the new panels. The new panels have crap for detail around that opening. Notice I left my original opening there and welded about 1/2-3/4" around it. I used the new metal on the passenger side tailight opening but that will be cut out and replaced with an original part.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts