Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 56 Belair, and have been putting in the control switches on the dash like the headlight, lighter, wiper, etc. I've noticed some 56 cars have solid chrome control knobs and some have black plastic knobs with chrome on the outside of it. Can anyone tell me the difference? Was the plastic on 150 and 210 models or was the chrome? I've gotten on eBay and looked at cars for sale and some cars have both, and some have just the chrome and some have the plastic??? The reason I'm asking is that I bought the AAW wiring kit and it comes with a new chrome headlight switch (not interchangeable with OEM headlight switch)and the rest of my knobs are the black plastic (I like the looks of the black plastic better). Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks fellas!!:confused0006:

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,357 Posts
BelAir models had chrome....The 210/150 models had black bakelite with an outside chrome ring.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE: 56 Knobs

Cool, thanks! I was wondering if that's what was the deal. Funny I do like the black plastic knob better. It seems to go with the Belair dash insert chrome (the black and aluminum). It would be easier to switch them all out to the chrome because the AAW headlight switch is chrome. Thanks for your reply! Doug

1 - 3 of 3 Posts