Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

481 - 495 of 495 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Really enjoyed going through this thread Dave. The work you guys did on Snobad is excellent. Your upholstery work is damn fine!!!. Just finished putting together my AME chassis and after reading this thread yesterday and today its given me drive to get back into the shop an continue on my double nickel post body etc.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #482
So just over 33 months after she left, our Nomad came home last night. There are still a few minor issues to deal with but we've put over 200 miles on her so far.

Seeing as I titled this thread "56 Nomad Before and After" it seems only fitting that I give you some before & after pictures. The "before" pictures of the red Nomad are a reprise of the 5 pictures that were on my initial post to this thread and the "after" pictures are the same perspectives taken this morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Fantastic! Love how you took the pictures from the same perspectives. That's the cherry on the top of this thread. Congratulations. It has been fun to ride along with the project, as well as inspiring. Looking forward to a new thread - 'The New Adventures of Snobad'.
JR

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #484
Fantastic! Love how you took the pictures from the same perspectives. That's the cherry on the top of this thread. Congratulations. It has been fun to ride along with the project, as well as inspiring. Looking forward to a new thread - 'The New Adventures of Snobad'.
JR
Thanks J.R., Dave and I fully intend on driving Snobad to the TFN next year, hopefully get to meet you (and your Nomad) then.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I really love old cars with history. I am not at all embarrassed by the fact that someone has already ridden it. It seems to me that it only adds charm to such things. Therefore, I am looking forward to the new photos.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Last Sunday was a fantastic day. Arlen, and wife Chris, took Snobad out to a local cruise, where she made her grand debut to the public. To say Snobad was well received would be an understatement! My wife, Andrea, and I brought the panel truck, and another milestone was achieved. It was the first time in over 30 years that we've cruised together with our wives in our Tri-Fives!! Our good friends Gary & Leslie are just about finished the frame off restoration of their '55 sedan, and we're looking forward to yet another long awaited cruise with all three of us! Here's a few pictures from Sunday...

Attachments

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Fantastic photos of a super late summer day in western Canada!~ :) All that must have given you and Arlen a tremendous sense of pride of accomplishment Davlin~ :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #491
Thanks Gary and JR, I've got to admit it seemed almost surreal, as Dave mentioned it's been over 30 years since he and I have both had 56's on the road at the same time. Once long time friends Gary & Lesley finish their 55 Sedan (which has been in Gary's family since 1956) that'll be another "cruising together" milestone ticked off. All three of us are planning on driving to the Western Invasion in Bakersfield next May. I'm also planning on attending the CNA convention next July in Reno and then Dave & I are planning on doing "Road Trip 2.0" to the TFN next August.

·
Premium Member
10,530 Posts
wow! Really nice. I will bet you were smiling from ear to ear. Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Yall deserve to enjoy all the hard work and outstanding ideas and craftsmanship. Looking forward to next years Nats to see the car and yourselves. God Bless.

·
Premium Member
13,330 Posts
I am curious if you have driven it at night yet with those awesome new LED headlights and how do you like them??

481 - 495 of 495 Posts