Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking for a 56 Nomad driver's door for my project car. Mine is pretty much shot and I really am trying to not use a remake Please let me know if you have one or know of someone with one for sale. Thanks in advance!:auto10:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Nomad door

Hi, I'm looking for a 56 Nomad driver's door for my project car. Mine is pretty much shot and I really am trying to not use a remake Please let me know if you have one or know of someone with one for sale. Thanks in advance!:auto10

1957 CHEVY NOMAD DOORS

Price: $550.00
Accepting Offers

Condition: Used
Quantity: 2
Posted: April 11, 2013
Expires: May 11, 2013

Sellers Information

tim1968 (2)
williamston, MI 48895 US
517-896-4940

·
Registered
623 Posts
Hi, I'm looking for a 56 Nomad driver's door for my project car. Mine is pretty much shot and I really am trying to not use a remake Please let me know if you have one or know of someone with one for sale. Thanks in advance!:auto10

1957 CHEVY NOMAD DOORS

Price: $550.00
Accepting Offers

Condition: Used
Quantity: 2
Posted: April 11, 2013
Expires: May 11, 2013

Sellers Information

tim1968 (2)
williamston, MI 48895 US
517-896-4940
The ext door lock for the 56 Chev/Nomad is located in a different location on the door than the 55 or 57. The 55 and 57 door locks are at the same height on the door. The reason the 56 BA is different is the door lock is centered between both door moldings
Also all molding holes are different on all 3 cars. A lot of welding and filling is required.

You would be better off, if your door frame is sound, buying a 56 BA 2 dr htd door skin and have a professional sheet metal tech fit it to your door.

Finding a used rust free solid 56 Nomad door s near impossible. But maybe you will get lucky here.

Good luck

·
Registered
203 Posts
The ext door lock for the 56 Chev/Nomad is located in a different location on the door than the 55 or 57. The 55 and 57 door locks are at the same height on the door. The reason the 56 BA is different is the door lock is centered between both door moldings
Also all molding holes are different on all 3 cars. A lot of welding and filling is required.

You would be better off, if your door frame is sound, buying a 56 BA 2 dr htd door skin and have a professional sheet metal tech fit it to your door.

Finding a used rust free solid 56 Nomad door s near impossible. But maybe you will get lucky here.

Good luck
The door lock is not between the moldings on a '56 Nomad. It is above the upper molding. Nomad/Safari doors are the same for all 3 years except for the trim holes. '56 hardtop/convertible doors do have the lock in a different location than '55 and '57.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Just cause I'm trying to learn more...would a '56 2D HT door be a direct swap? If no, why not??
No because the hardtop does not have the ridge on the sill for the Nomad molding its actually more feasible to use a sedan door, the 57 Nomad I am working on has a converted sedan door you need to cut the Window frame off and modify the vent post tomatch the Nomad donor door

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.