Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What to share 56 Nomard

OK, not sure where to posted this, so I'll start here...

I am getting ready to buy this very local 1956 Nomad, BUT, I will be restoring, and do not want/need the roll cage, and NASCAR floor frame...so...does anyone here want to share this with me???

You can have the whole NASCAR floor/frame, plus the roll cage, and I'll be keeping the body, trim, and paperwork.

I'm very serious about this, so please send me a PM :)

Below are pics the seller sent over

Attachments

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
(I just replied to the other thread that you made before making the deal.)

You got it. Congratulations!!!!

I absolutely LOVE '56 Nomads!!!

I can't wait until you get started on it! I suppose you will do a project thread when you do?

·
Registered
67,768 Posts
should be a cool build, will be looking forward. :anim_25:

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't have my name on the paper work quite yet, but man am I excited!!!

There was a thread going on there somewhere on how/when you fell in love with trifive. For me, it was as a kid, I had a blue Nomad toy car. I always loved the Nomad, but my daughter wanted a '56 2D HT...now I think she is as excited as I am about this '56 as I am :)

lol...ya, I'll post a build thread, but to be honest, it won't be for tomorrow, and it will probably pale in comparison to your pickup thread, but I'll do my best when the time comes :sign0020:

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
I doubt that. Your's will be very interesting. Having your daughter to work on it will make it so cool!

Don't forget to change that signature of yours!

:congrats:

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Don't know what your paying for this but that, race frame and cage is probably worth $7,500 fabbed and welded,

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Saturday morning bump! :)

Almost seems a shame to take it apart, so if someone is seriously very interested in getting as a whole, (while really not my first choice), I guess it would make sense to discuss it, but I'd need help getting another '56 Nomad project up here...make sense??

I'm told the race frame and cage project was very expensive...up into the teens, but I'd be happy with a fraction of that...I'd even be happy with less than the $7500 than dgf55 noted...I really do not know what to ask for it...I just don't want to give it away...

I'd have no plans to use the race frame and cage, and would love to find a home for it before I'd put the Nomad into deep storage, where she will rest while I gather the parts I'll need to start bringing it back closer to her past life...someone's gotta want this!! Just send me a pm! =)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Just for S&G's how much r u asking for the frame? Before you remove that body from that frame you had better brace the living snot out of it or it will twist like an old beer can. How your gonna do that is beyond me with all those tubes in the way.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just tried calling you...will try again in a bit...

Getting that car apart will not be easy, but if someone wants the race frame, I think I would have to have it done at the Nomad's expense...not sure, I would ask a friend who is much better at this than I, to do it for me. Might be better to just sell the whole car...not sure of myself after reading a couple of posts...

Car as no front clip, but I was told that it is ready to accept whatever anyone wanted. The cage is also not affected in the way it is built you just start your new tubes off the front downbars and attach to front rails. All ready to receive your C6 set up or??

The rear is a full on "NASCAR truck arm" set-up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.