Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Nomads 55-57,69Z28-RS,72ElCamino, Corvette(5)
9,875 Posts
I'm pretty certain the 1956 bumper ends are the same for all models and aren't different for Nomads. The only thing I can think of is that your Nomad may have the 'accessory' fender guards which sit on top of the bumper end and may be causing your confusion?

·
Registered
56 Chevrolet Nomad
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Nomad 56 rear bumper ends are exactly the same as all of the car models.
I had ordered a right rear bumper end for a 56 Chevy. When it came it looks very similar but doesn’t bolt up to center bar. I checked with Goodmark bumpers again for a 56 Chevy bumper end and they said it won’t fit my nomad.
It looks very similar but is wider at the top and bottom where it bolts up to center bar and hits into 1/4 panel.

·
Premium Member
16,469 Posts
Perhaps we should say that 'ALL of the factory produced '56 Chevy rear bumper ends are the same'... Most of us know that 'all bets are off' when it comes to reproduction parts....
Exactly, If the repop you get don't fit you have one of two possible problems. The repop part is crap (common problem with repop parts) or something on your car is bent.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
54,216 Posts
Agree with the others...The center and bumper guards are different...The ends are the same.

·
Registered
56 Chevrolet Nomad
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Exactly, If the repop you get don't fit you have one of two possible problems. The repop part is crap (common problem with repop parts) or something on your car is bent.
I’ve checked a couple of sites and they say, just the nomad ends are different than all the other models. And for gods sake don’t say something on my car is bent. It’s a sweetheart and very temperamental. Ha
Will send pics tomorrow when car out of the shop.

·
Premium Member
16,469 Posts
I’ve checked a couple of sites and they say, just the nomad ends are different than all the other models. And for gods sake don’t say something on my car is bent. It’s a sweetheart and very temperamental. Ha
Will send pics tomorrow when car out of the shop.
The GM parts book is not wrong, ALL 56 passenger cars take the same rear bumper end with no exceptions.
Please post links to which sites are telling you that they are different.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Is it possible that the center section of your rear bumper is not correct? All wagon bumpers center sections were different than the passenger cars. Here are some photos of my correct 1956 Nomad re-chromed rear bumper parts. Notice that in the third photo the rear view of the correct wagon center section has a hole for a grommet above the license plate mounting holes.

Automotive exterior Automotive design Bumper Gas Auto part
Hood Sleeve Automotive lighting Automotive design Grey
Automotive lighting Bumper Rectangle Motor vehicle Amber
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Table Hood
Automotive lighting Bumper Rectangle Motor vehicle Amber

·
Registered
56 Chevrolet Nomad
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the good visuals. Let me know when you wanna sell it. HA
the bumper I have does have the center hole. I’m dealing with A2Z vehicle parts right now about the end I received that is close but no cigar. I actually need both ends now.
any recommendations where to get. Don’t know how to load pictures or I would show you.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
If your rear center bumper section does not have the center hole for the grommet, then it is not from a wagon, and will not work on your Nomad.
Here are some links to correct 56 Nomad rear bumper parts:

I could not find any ends for sale. Perhaps what you have now will work with a correct center section.

Steve

1 - 18 of 18 Posts