Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had an idea about maybe trying to find out what happen to my parents old 56 nomad. not looking to try and buy it back or anything like that. just thought it'd be cool to find out where it ended up. who knows, maybe someone on here is it's current owner.

in '01, my dad sold his 56 nomad (a driver he bought in '85) and his 57 nomad (car in a box... lol) to buy a 66 corvette. the same guy purchased both cars, but i believe his intentions were to flip the 56. he really wanted the 57, but it actually wasn't for sale at the time. long story short, it became a package deal. i believe he was from central PA.

so here are some specs on the car. i'll try and dig up some old pics of it and add them to the thread.

56 nomad

unrestored, but had been repainted atleast once years before he got it
sierra gold and adobe beige
265 power pack, powerglide trans
one piece frame
wonderbar radio
padded dash
tissue dispenser (which was mounted under the glove box door)
accessory bumper guards

it probably still had a trailer hitch on it too. he had a little herkules trailer he towed behind it.

so there it is. i guess we'll see what happens. :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mmmm....... maybe. i'd have to see if my parents' have any paperwork laying around yet from the car. knowing my mom i'm sure they do. LOL

·
Registered
67,743 Posts
:anim_25::anim_25::anim_25::anim_25:

·
Premium Member
15,575 Posts
So far i can tell you the it was made in Janesville Wisconsin on August 16th of 1956. I couldn't hope that Mom would have the cowl tag info. That would tell you the factory options.:anim_25: on your search

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
i had an idea about maybe trying to find out what happen to my parents old 56 nomad. not looking to try and buy it back or anything like that. just thought it'd be cool to find out where it ended up. who knows, maybe someone on here is it's current owner.

in '01, my dad sold his 56 nomad (a driver he bought in '85) and his 57 nomad (car in a box... lol) to buy a 66 corvette. the same guy purchased both cars, but i believe his intentions were to flip the 56. he really wanted the 57, but it actually wasn't for sale at the time. long story short, it became a package deal. i believe he was from central PA.

so here are some specs on the car. i'll try and dig up some old pics of it and add them to the thread.

56 nomad

unrestored, but had been repainted atleast once years before he got it
sierra gold and adobe beige
265 power pack, powerglide trans
one piece frame
wonderbar radio
padded dash
tissue dispenser (which was mounted under the glove box door)
accessory bumper guards

it probably still had a trailer hitch on it too. he had a little herkules trailer he towed behind it.

so there it is. i guess we'll see what happens. :)
The car you described matches the car I'm currently restoring including the one-piece (seamless) frame. Unfortunately the sequence # didn't quite match. (Dang it...I was hoping to learn a little more history about my Nomad)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts