Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a repro rear bumber with guards for a 56 hdtp from a vendor in the midwest. My issue is with the guards and the license plate lights. My mounting screw holes in the guard do not line up with the holes in the light sockets. They are off by about an 1/8". I verified that my repro lights fit in my old original bumber guards. After discussing with the vendor and him sending me another set of guards, I still have the same problem. I have now gotten the vendor to check for himself and he finally agrees that the problem is real. He has not given me a solution or even proposed a solution only to say good luck. Has anyone else had this issue. I already verified the guards are for a 56 and the sockets are for a 56.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
:) Dave, you did not say which vendor you got them from, but I agree they should take them back and give a refund if in fact there product is not right.

Then I would try another vendor? Danchuk or ???

Are the holes in the bumper guards the exact same on each? Could the repopped bumper and guards be the items that are off?

Do you know of another '56 in your area that you could compare against?

Good luck

Don, aka.....the hamsman

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The vendor I purchased the guards from is Merv's Clasic Chevy. The manufacturer of the guards is Keystone. I just spoke with him on the phone and he claims that Keystone is the only ones making the guards for a 56. He also claims that Danchuk sells the same guards and that they have not gotten a complaint. He offered the solution of grinding the lense and bending the tabs until it fits. When I suggested that he take the parts back and refund my money he agreed but stated that I would have the same issue with any other vendor because Keystone is the only source. Is there another manufacterer out there? Has nobody else had this issue?

·
Premium Member
16,029 Posts
"He also claims that Danchuk sells the same guards and that they have not gotten a complaint."

Seems like this is their standard reply.:rolleyes: I just can't understand why any company would sell two parts that are supposed to be compatible with each other and are not even close. If you tried two sets and had the same problem then there is an issue with them, You didn't get the only two bad sets. :eek:

Get a set of originals and have them plated, They will fit.:D

-Bruce

1 - 5 of 5 Posts