Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Anything can be repaired...if you want those holes to go away, solder them up and re chrome them.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
They are supposed to be held in place with clips, much like the side stainless. I think they were stainless. If you could find someone that does stainless repair, they should be able to weld up the hole, grind and finish them. The question would be is it worth the cost. You would have to be careful when welding or it could turn into a disaster.

·
Administrator
66,693 Posts
They are not only drilled but the screw has dented the mold as its been tightened.

You can get aftermarket, make sure they are 56 & not 57 compare first as you`ll need the hardware too

·
Registered
11,156 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Someone near me is selling 1956 rocker molding for $50 for the pair. They have a hole drilled in them. Can that be repaired and how are they mounted anyway? The price seems fair. Thanks for any help
They look like '57 rocker molding's to me. They are stainless and at $50.00 plus what it would cost to have them repaired, I vote NO as well, if you want a set get those re-pops or find a nice set. :shakehands:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice. I will save my money for a new or original set that have the clips. I also have a repop set of the gravel/fender guards but no template. It is tough to line up where to drill holes when the studs are welded onto the guards. Would want to install as a set.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts