Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there havn`t posted for a while have been a bit busy but have finally got some paint on the Delivery left my house on Saturday morning in primer and came home sunday night in colour. It was painted my my nephew in a spray booth that we hired for two days of flat out masking and painting, wow what a busy weekend.
It still needs to be colour sanded. The colour is called Morwell grey which is a 1964 Holden colour. I chose this just for something a bit different to all the popular colours. The interior will be red and the car also has a rear seat fitted. It is also going to have a 396 BBC with a turbo 400 and nine inch diff with 31 spline billet axles and mini tubs.
It also will have Vintage air that I have allready trial fitted and also power steering with.
As most of you can see the car is RHD as I am in Australia.
Check out the photos

The first couple are how it was before loading into my truck to take to the paint shop.

and then a couple of when the body was done

and a couple of the bolt on panels

68,758 Posts
came out great, bet you can't wait. :five: red interior is going to look great in it, well done. :tu

·
Registered
401 Posts
Wow , very nice . Is that a factory right hand drive delivery ? Reason I ask is , I used to own a '55 RHD delivery :tu

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Excellent... Your 56 is comming along real nice... Later, Dave

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow , very nice . Is that a factory right hand drive delivery ? Reason I ask is , I used to own a '55 RHD delivery :tu
It was a factory LHD but it has been converted to RHD using a RHD drag link and pitman arm off a factory RHD car. IT also has a power steering box and the dash was cut and shut.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone I have most of the parts to reasemble except for the actual interior trim.
I should be able to get it drivable and get the interior done when the money is available. Thanks Chris

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice work there Chris, and a lot of steel to prep and paint too.
Sorry I could'nt catch up with you last week, would have been good to see in person.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts