Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent yesterday at SEMA 2014 and stopped by the Danchuck booth. They will have front smoothie bumpers for our 56's shipping in January/February 2015 and the rear smoothie bumpers about a month later (maybe the same time but no commitment). Sedan and hardtop only, no wagons/Nomads although I think the front bumper is the same. Their new catalog will be out in a few weeks and these bumpers will be in it and available to order.

Let the happy dance begin!

·
Premium Member
50,809 Posts
Hope for all 56 owners they come through ... I'm really ordering parts that are advertised but not made yet ... :tu
Cowboy :flag6:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
That's good news! Front bumper is one of the last things I need so I think I will go smoothie now. Hope they come through and ship on time.

7,082 Posts
Hope for all 56 owners they come through ... I'm really ordering parts that are advertised but not made yet ... :tu
Cowboy :flag6:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive
Hope you are pleasantly surprised as I was on my 55's. Might have to elongate the holes to fit properly. NBD. Lloyd Kindest Regards Lloyd :) :bowtier:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bumper selection

Thanks for the info on the 56 smoothie front bumper from Danchuck. Did they give any idea of price? I have seen chrome shops make these custom but they are pretty expensive. Also, has anyone used a nomad rear bumper on a 56 sedan? I are the mounts and brackets the same? Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Still waiting for these. Any word?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Our best option so far

I called danchuk a week ago & was told the new front '56 smoothie bumper would not be in the new catalog. They also weren't sure when it would be available.

After searching and calling many places, we ended up purchasing them at atbumper.com. They are in California and can refinish the ones you have or they will find old ones for you and refinish them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts