Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
14,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have been driving my 56 around for a couple of months now and the weather is cooling off , so I would like to get my heater going. does anyone know where I can get a new heater core for the standard cheap heater . Also I am looking for a defroster cable as well. I can find heater cores and cables for the deluxe heater every where but not the cheapie heater. thanks John :eek::party0031:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think you would be best to switch over to the deluxe heater, The parts are very easy to get. Unless you really want to keep the standard heater.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,845 Posts
Maybe a deluxe heater core could be used in place of the recirculating heater core :confused0006:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Maybe a deluxe heater core could be used in place of the recirculating heater core :confused0006:
I was thinking the same thing... Up North here I have never seen a standard heater, only pictures of them... Later, Dave

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
you could always have your core re-cored. I had mine done by a guy on Long Island, NY who specializes in old heater cores and old radiators. You can ship it to him his turn around time is only like 2-3 days. Better than the Jap crap that's going around. If you would like his info pm me and I will give you his number tomorrow.

Don

·
52,845 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
perhaps I can build my own heater core from another one with the same dimensions ? does anyone have a picture of the insides of a stock heater assy . the tubes are broken off my heater core and gone. a picture would be very helpfull . thanks John:eek:

·
52,845 Posts
I believe, as long as you have the upper and lower tanks, they can build you one.

·
Premium Member
14,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the only thing danchuk offers is a rebuild service that is 234.99 and 4 to 6 weeks if you have a complete core . I don't have a complete core. just want to make what I have work till I can afford to put in a VA a/c kit. :happy0030:

·
Registered
535 Posts
i just seen one on ebay for acouple bucks ..i just redid my whole heater over i sent the core out to be fixed and i found the defrost and heat cable at a swap meet 25 bucks ...but i need the parts

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
I took mine to a local radiator shop and they recored it . Had it back the next day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts