Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Know you guys can help. I have a 55 2dr sedan. Bought the car on ebay and the seller had a extra frame with no damage.

Are all models (2dr, 4dr, wagon, etc) frames the same? Is there a ID number or other things to look for on the frames to tell what year/model frame I have?

Guess I can measure them both to make sure they are the same. Know that the convertable frame has the X-style brace.

Thanks for your time and look forward to some feedback, Jeff in SC

·
Registered
969 Posts
The '55 & '56 are the same except the rear spring hangers are different and there is a small gusset in the rear corners on the '56. Bodies can swap between the two years. All are the same except convertible which you noted. I think the front horns are different on the '57 and so they are not interchangeable with the other two years.
My '56 is on a '55 frame.
I understand the vin is stamped into the frame under the drivers seat (on top) but I didn't see it.

·
Administrator
50,412 Posts
The VIN is stamped on the frame in the driver seat area, but you really have to look for it to find it. Mine was stamped twice for some reason. Terry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.