Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Hmmmm....I see a roll-down rear glass and, it seems, a stationary 'liftgate'. Looks like the glass needs to be down before the tailgate will open. Those tail lights...Packard?...lend themselves well to a '56 rear corner. Still, it's hard for me to look at that much customizing on a Nomad. You see that in person, Stretch? Looks like an older build...

·
Registered
Nomads 55-57,69Z28-RS,72ElCamino, Corvette(5)
9,007 Posts
UGH.... sacrilege....

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
i think if he started with a pile of rusty crap......well its ok..........if on the other hand it was a nice Nomad to begin with,im not a fan at all... I think Nomads/Safaris should all be restored.... they were beautiful cars to begin with....a work of automotive ART

·
Registered
823 Posts
That was common in the 50s, times change but this remains.
What it is, may have preserved the car.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Did not look bad till you got to the back. I have been around the custom world for most of my car life and I just don't have words for the back of this car.

Later,
Kev

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Hmmm, well, he sure got his body work straight. No passes on a black car. Liftgate gate glass is cool, I've only seen it one other time. Any shots of the front?

·
Registered
68,475 Posts
i don't know.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Work was completed many moons ago. Gentlemen that completed the Custom still owns it. Definitely not well liked today by you guys. But that’s what was Cool 😎 35-40 years ago. Sorry no front pics.
Walking away another Olde Timer strikes up conversation about the chopped nomad. Seems he tells me in the day . It was striking. The Chop, Fab , Body work & detail. And quality enough to justify Black Paint.
I was happy to learn he is still driving and enjoying it. As it had to be a ton of work.

So I have a question for you Nomad guys . I got the answer directly from the owner .
” How does one successfully cut down the curved Qtr glass ?
Stretch

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Work was completed many moons ago. Gentlemen that completed the Custom still owns it. Definitely not well liked today by you guys. But that’s what was Cool 😎 35-40 years ago. Sorry no front pics.
Walking away another Olde Timer strikes up conversation about the chopped nomad. Seems he tells me in the day . It was striking. The Chop, Fab , Body work & detail. And quality enough to justify Black Paint.
I was happy to learn he is still driving and enjoying it. As it had to be a ton of work.

So I have a question for you Nomad guys . I got the answer directly from the owner .
” How does one successfully cut down the curved Qtr glass ?
Stretch

It's laminated so it can be cut

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Only impressive thing to me is the tailgate window. Nomads don't need a chop top. Glad he is happy. I'd strip it, cut the top off and part it out. Or, if possible, leave the chop and put everything bsck except the tailgate.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Slim. 40 years ago you simply cut the glass using what method ?

Twins. Strip, cut top off and part out ? A turn key Custom from 40 yrs ago . 🤔

1 - 20 of 38 Posts