Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Been working on the firewall the past couple of days. I REALLY hate doing metal work, this is the first thing I've done other than full floor pans as far as metal work goes.

I've got the new firewall held in place with screws until I move the car over near my welder.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Hood Bumper Automotive design Automotive tire
Motor vehicle Green Hood Automotive tire Bumper
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
11,476 Posts
If I keep Bertha, that’s one of the long term upgrades I will do is a NerdRods frame.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Holy Moley ! Looks like a big Lego kit. Have to hand it to you, looks good but scares the heck out of me!.
Still scares me, I took a welding class in high school over 30 years ago. It's really pretty good, is a video that goes step by step and has jigs and tabs etc so that everything fits perfectly. I'm still gonna have to do a bit of grinding on those first ugly welds, almost all that I laid down yesterday looks good enough to just powder coat over. But ya I described it as a lego kit too, cept with welding.

Once I get the frame welded all up, I've gotta set the body on it and put a Gen V block in there to determine where the motor mounts will go. Then I'm gonna take it to the powder coater about 1.5 hours away.

·
Registered
Nomads 55-57,69Z28-RS,72ElCamino, Corvette(5)
10,261 Posts
Your daughter's car is looking very good.. :) I really like the special powder coating you're doing!

Gary

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
11,476 Posts
If you're like me, your best weld will be the last one. Ha!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts