Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen and Ladies,
I am new at this and I have inherited a work in progress.
The Chevrolet is a 210 with straight 6 engine. I have seen some pictures of 210's with Bel Air trim and Bel Air Logos including the fender vents. Is there such a beast or has someone just put things together.
I would like to keep it stock but I also like some of the Bel Air Trim.
Would it be wrong to use some Bel Air trim on a stock 210?
Please advise.
thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
887 Posts
The 210 and Bel Air were two seperate models in the Chevrolet line. If a 210 has Bel Air trim it was installed by the owner of the car or the dealer at the owner's request.

Your question of would it be wrong... it is your car and you can do with it what you want. However, if you are trying to keep it stock then you should not install Bel Air trim on it. In the end it is YOUR car, do with it as you please. My 4dr sport sedan has a few things on it that are not stock, like a metal flake paint job, mag wheels, and a few dress up parts under the hood, but I am not going to be entering it in any contest that will judge it as stock :)

Gentlemen and Ladies,
I am new at this and I have inherited a work in progress.
The Chevrolet is a 210 with straight 6 engine. I have seen some pictures of 210's with Bel Air trim and Bel Air Logos including the fender vents. Is there such a beast or has someone just put things together.
I would like to keep it stock but I also like some of the Bel Air Trim.
Would it be wrong to use some Bel Air trim on a stock 210?
Please advise.
thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
You can't keep it stock and use Belair trim at the same time. It was manufactured as a 210 model. Like mentioned in the previous thread, it's your car and you should do what makes you happy.

·
Premium Member
11,669 Posts
I have a real Belair but I have to admit that I really like the 210 models and to be honest, you don't see many of them. If I was going to do another 57, it would be a 210 with 210 trim. Just my two cents because in the end, you have to make the car your own if you really want to enjoy it. Frankly, those of us in the 55-57 community are lucky in that we are not like the corvette guys (that's a tough group everything correct and all that). We appreciate all manner of these cars, original, modified, race, whatever, they are all intrinsically cool!

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
The 210 and Bel Air were two seperate models in the Chevrolet line. :)
I hear this a lot but the 150, 210 and Belair are only trim levels not different models. Chevy only made one model of passenger car during the tri five era.
Jim

·
Registered
105 Posts
I got a 55 210 4 door. I guess the state of Iowa no longer considers a number for a vehicle model. The old title said 4 door under model description and when I went to put the title in my name they wouldn't put down 210. Now it says bel air. They must be doing away with these 210 I guess :confused0024:

Seth

1 - 8 of 8 Posts