Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

'57 210 Sedan back in business after nearly 4 years!

1K views 21 replies 20 participants last post by  56chevyguy 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! I have owned my 1957 Chevy 210 Sedan for nearly 4 years and it is now officially on the road!

I found it on C-list and it was about 2 hours away. It had 40,XXX miles showing on the odometer which very well could have been original as it still had the original drivetrain and seemed all in all unmolested aside from an obvious repaint and body work. The PO had removed the straight 6 and planned on swapping it with a sbc that he believed was from a Corvette (aren't they all). Come to find out, it's not from a Vette but it was a 1970 model 350 from a heavy duty car such as a police car. It also did have a points distributor with a mechanical tach drive (thus the Vette presumption).

My initial plan was to just get it running without a lot of fuss. Well, obviously that's not the way that it went. Long story short, nearly 4 years later it's on the road with all new front suspension & steering plus power disc brakes, powder coated suspension components, the 350 from the PO, a 700R4 transmission, a new driveshaft, and about a 1000 other things. The car was in such good shape that i was able to reuse a lot of parts and just refurbish them. It had been highly enjoyable working on it and i look forward to continue to work on it for years to come.

That being said, I feel like it is time for me to contribute to the forum rather than just consume from it. I am looking forward to interacting with everyone and will hopefully be able to help someone get another piece of American history back on the road.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.