Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. i need some old school opinions. i have a 57 283 that i am putting in my 56 bel air. it will be a kustom rod. show and go ( old school!) i have a 4x2 weiand intake that i will be using. i am going back and forth about what i will do with the engine. initially i was going to install a small journal 327 with 307 pistons to get a little more stroke outta my 283. would this be a good decision for a street car? i have a set of NON power pack 57 283 heads that i will be using with 1.94/1.50 valves. i will use these heads for my early Corvette valve covers. I also have a set of 55 265 corvette heads that i can use. which is a better choice? any cam suggestions for my 2x4 intake? should i even stroke it? it will have a T10 4 speed behind it with a stock rearend. this is a street driven car that i do not "plan" to race. help me choose a good combination for my car. remember the old days guys! thats the kinda car i am going for. i'm 32 years old but i shoulda been 18 in 1957. ( please no crate motor, 383, camel hump, 400, accessory hole head, or other boring suggestions). strictly old school! ALL OLD GUY SUGGESTIONS WELCOME!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts