·
Registered
67,783 Posts
worth a look. :anim_25:

·
Administrator
49,512 Posts
Hoping to go take a look at it, even though I don't need another 57
Aw come on, you can`t have too many 57`s.;) Looks like a good deal too.
Terry

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ummm it's on my truck as we speak... car is pretty solid..i was the first guy to call supposedly , then i ended up paying more then the ad because people were making the guy blind offers on the car, felt like i was getting into a bidding war..I ended up paying $7k for the car because of the stuff people were saying to the guy over the phone
here is just a few i heard that he played for me..........
"i'll give you $6500 to let me see it before the other guy (me)."
" $8000 if you hold it til the weekend"
"$7000 and im only 10 mins away i can be there before the guys get here"(we were on the road for 3 hours 1 way)
etc etc etc........................................

Top it off the guy said he had a few extra parts in the garage he was gonna sell to his brother in law or something.I said do you mind if i check out the extra parts? maybe something i need....Ended up being the original oil pan , orig intake , orig heads ,orig valve covers, orig and only radiator (in nice shape too), plus a couple other parts so had to get them....Said his brother offered $200 for them, i couldn't let them go so i payed up...
I figured the extra $1000 i payed on the car would have gotten those thrown in???
Dont get me wrong the seller was a cool guy that worked at a body shop .He had a couple really nice rides and just didnt want to get into the car right now..He was honest about condition(so far) thats why i brought the extra money with me ....I think basically what happened was he got caught up in all the craigslist BS offers without seeing the car etc , that no one was going to get the car for the listed price regardless ..I even heard offers of $9-10k over the phone , it was kind of a circus to honest and the seller was overwhelmed , i could tell....

The car did come with a rebuilt motor and trans , extra parts like gauges trim , and other stuff about a coupe milk crates worth.......So that is the extent of that car.....

all said and done by the time i got it home it was ---- $7600

pic from last night at 10:30 still on the highway........

Attachments

·
Registered
67,783 Posts
congrats, looks like a good one for that money. have fun with it. :tu

·
Registered
111 Posts
thanks appreciate it.. after going through the car pretty thoroughly today it is in pretty good shape..The pics make it look better of course , but its not bad..Solid starting point with matching factory motor and a few extra's.. Rebuilt muncie 4 speed , motor all rebuilt like he said , i pulled covers off , all arp studs , new rockers , springs , push rods etc just like he told me , so far so good...
:bowtieb:

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Looks and sounds like a great buy. Can't wait to see and hear more about it. Congrats!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts