Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have stock '57 accelerator pedal with Daytona carpet...Carpet was installed with raw edge cut opening at pedal. I am thinking it needed grommet to cover the raw edge and prevent raveling. Can anyone post a picture of installed grommet at accelerator???

Also looking at accelerator pedal cover accessory. Looks like it has a nice rubber base pad to prevent heel from wearing out carpet. Is the pad easily removable to be used only when driving, then remove for show? Can anyone post a picture of pedal cover or give me an opinion?

thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I have seen and priced the grommet and the pedal cover. I am requesting help for someone to post or send me picture of these parts installed...so I can decide if I want to use either or both. Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,074 Posts
I know they sell a grommet for the gas pedal but to be truthful, I dont remember one being installed on my original carpets but then again, I removed them many many years ago now. I ended up not using a grommet on the new carpets. My set did not come with the hole cut, I assume so that you can get the carpets in, make adjustments, then sort out where the cut should be, which is what I did. The cut is actually and covered by the lower part of the stock gas pedal (as long as the cut is located accurately and is not a giant size slit across the area), which mine ended up being so I opted to forgo a grommet. So far, no issues with the carpet fraying at the cut. It is a little bit of a pain because the metal hinge for the pedal is slipped through the cut, the pedal itself remaining above the pedal, and then the hinge part is bolted to the floor so you literally have to be working above and below the carpet to get it in cleanly, then you final install the carpet and sill trim. that was my experience anyhow. So, you might try mocking up the pedal without the grommet first and see how it looks, you might like it better without the grommet with the Daytona carpets.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,270 Posts
Here's a pic of the accelerator and dimmer switch grommets, if that helps.

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Thanks for the photo . Mine I do not think ever had the gas pedal one. Mike

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
picture needed of gas pedal cover

Anyone using the gas pedal cover pad? It looks like it would be a good idea since it has a heel pad attached. Anyone share their experience with using this cover? or a picture of it INSTALLED.
I am considering using the pedal cover to protect my Daytona carpet from heel wear since my custom carpet has no rubber inset behind gas pedal area. My plan would be to use the pedal cover for daily driving and remove it only when being shown.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks or the picture Bruce,

I see you use yours with a rubber mat - just as I plan to do.
Does the pad cover come off easily? I want to remove mine for showing - but leave it on the rest of the time to protect the carpet from heal damage.

Any complaints from using your cover pad? THANKS

·
Premium Member
16,079 Posts
Thanks or the picture Bruce,

I see you use yours with a rubber mat - just as I plan to do.
Does the pad cover come off easily? I want to remove mine for showing - but leave it on the rest of the time to protect the carpet from heal damage.

Any complaints from using your cover pad? THANKS
It slides right off the stock pedal, No complaints at all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts