Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the skinny on repo quarter inserts? I have heard they were flat in the past and had to be formed to fit properly. Is this still the case and who sells the best?

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
10,581 Posts
Only one company makes them. The first ones were mostly flat. Newer ones are more stamped like the originals. Problem is, they are now painted with a clear, and they don't look as nice as the first
ones in my OP.

Mikey

Reactions: fuzz1957

·
Registered
726 Posts
There is an overseas company that produces them without emblems with them showing up on ebay. No personal experience with them however.

·
Premium Member
5,320 Posts
I got mine from Danchuk. They are the style with no Bel Air emblems on them. They fit well.

To ensure they hug the body, especially towards the back, I put 4 pieces of 1" wide, super thin, strong, double sided tape, placed vertically on the back of the panels.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got mine from Danchuk. They are the style with no Bel Air emblems on them. They fit well.

To ensure they hug the body, especially towards the back, I put 4 pieces of 1" wide, super thin, strong, double sided tape, placed vertically on the back of the panels.
Thanks, I like the tape idea. Do you remember where you bought it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts