Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the body on the frame to check the stance. So far everything fits.
The rest of the body parts are going on for final fitment before a total teardown for powder coating the frame.

Now I can figure out what wheels are going to fit best.

After the firewall is finished, the motor and trans go in for the exhaust system.

This one of Joe Lutz' firewalls. I hope to finish the install this week.

I haven't been able to do much lately do to arterial surgery, but this has been a real boost to morale to see the car on the ground after 16 months.

·
Registered
66,304 Posts
looks great, nice progress. thanks for pics and update. :five:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those are the standard spindles from AME. The shocks are still at their longest length. Things should change a little when the motor goes in.

The tank is from Ricks - with FI pump inside. - 22 gallon capacity. It fits really great. They taper the back of tank so you can barely see it when the bumper in on.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Those are the standard spindles from AME. The shocks are still at their longest length. Things should change a little when the motor goes in.

The tank is from Ricks - with FI pump inside. - 22 gallon capacity. It fits really great. They taper the back of tank so you can barely see it when the bumper in on.
Tank looks good in the picture. I am getting close to ordering a AME for my Nomad. The right fuel tank is still one of the things on my mind.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks for those pic. That is the tank I am looking for. Any regrets with the AME? They seem like great people to work with.

What engine and trans are you going to run? That firewall mod says big-block.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AME personnel from Art on down are absolutely great people to work with. What ever is is....they have the answer and a way to work you through it.

I live on the West coast, so that was a consideration. We have a few other builders out in West, but after a tour of the AME facility, I was sold on their commitment to the customer.

Disclaimer>>>>>>I don't have any affiliation with AME other than being a loyal customer.

Den

1 - 20 of 22 Posts