Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My employer relocated to Plano, and shipped 3 of my cars for me, a 57 Corvette, 62 Corvette, and my wife's 96 Tercel. The Tercel arrived without a scratch, but the shippers damaged the 57 and 62 Vettes.

I'm looking for a shop experienced in solid axle and/or mid-year Corvettes to get an estimate for the repairs. I will be meeting with the shipping co's insurance the week after next, and would like another estimate from a reputable source before I do. My cars are in Allen, TX, but I am back in CA for another week.

The 57 prior to being handled by the professionals

Yes, that is a tire mark pon top of the pass side fender . There was a mark on the driver side, too, but they were decent enough to rub it into the paint, while trying to hide what they had done.

Referrals to a Corvette familiar business or appraiser would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,477 Posts
That is some MAJOR damage. I think the insurance company will be out 5 figures on this.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
25,985 Posts
I'm looking for a shop experienced in solid axle and/or mid-year Corvettes to get an estimate for the repairs. I will be meeting with the shipping co's insurance the week after next, and would like another estimate from a reputable source before I do. My cars are in Allen, TX, but I am back in CA for another week.
Take em to Carr Cambell at http://www.carrscorvettesandcustoms.com/ He does top notch body work.

Also want to put in a plug for the tri-5 only Chevy club where tri-Corvettes are welcome. http://www.dallasclassicchevy.com/

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. Don, I'll give Carr Cambell a call. My son and I will check out the local scene once we get sttled. I drove my 67 SWB and he drove his 68 Camaro from CA. I should have just drove the 62 and towed the 57 myself, instead of trusting them to the professionals...

·
Registered
721 Posts
Wow!!! That is amazing. Do you feel comfortable sharing who the shippers were? I've shipped cars a number of times in the past and am sure I will in the future so would certainly want to avoid these folks!!

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Corvettes

I hope you have good documentation that the damage wasn't there when shipper picked up. Just sayin, could get nasty.

Joe

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I had a friend go through this years ago on an original big block 67. The repair cost wasn't too bad, but needed some paint. He argued with the insurance company that any work done de-valued the original Corvette. Ended up in court and got $60,000 for diminished value versus restored car.

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Hope you get that fixed properly. Glad your employer relocated to Texas instead of out of the country. Welcome to Texas.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Diminished value is one of my concerns. The '62 was a no hit car prior to the professionals "parking" another car on top of it.

I'm glad to be in TX, no regrets there. I just wished I would have transported the two Vettes myself.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just got off the phone with Carr's Corvettes. Carr offered to stop by my house to give me an estimate there, since my 57 is still under construction. I'm looking forward to meeting him a week from Tuesday.

I appreciate the suggestions. I wouldn't have known who to contact. Carr's willingness to help me out, even though we never met, reminded me of Jeff Reade in So. Cal.

Thanks again,

Wes :flag6:

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
If you need a second opinion on anything, give Michael a call, here's his website, really something to see in person. I did some work in the garage.

http://www.hookedonvettes.com/

Charlie

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
DANG Wes, what a bummer!!!!!!!!!
I just hope the damage gets fixed to your satisfaction without a lot of hassle.
Now that you're closer to Okla, maybe we can get together sometime.
I just got back from a regional NCRS event in Frisco (north of Dallas) this weekend.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Good Grief and Good Luck!

I try and tell myself: "It's just a car." Yeah right, they get to be members of the family. I wish you the best! Hang in there. Advise how it comes out.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts