Registered
66,005 Posts
beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
where can you get the correct rivets? I'm going to have the same problem
I honestly don't know since the previous owner had the restoration done 10-12 years ago. The problem was his title only had the last six digits of the vin which is the serial number. When the DMV inspector checked the frame to see if it matched, it didn't since they built it with a donor car and used another frame that was in better shape. If his original title had the full vin we probably would have been fine. Best to leave the vin plate on and tape it off before painting. The dmv inspectors know their stuff and could tell the vin plate had been removed and put back on. Best of luck on yours!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A few more pics. It has a 350 from a 70 Chevy C10 and a 700r4 transmission. Other than that it is made to look as stock as possible. I plan on a few changes, currently working on front power disc brakes with 2 inch drop spindles. Found a thread on here about making a coil spring compressor like the factory used, any other tips and tricks, please share.

·
Registered
7,450 Posts
Nice looking car! It's possible to dress that 350 to look more like a stock 283 if you want to continue the stock appearing theme.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts