Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I am in the process of hooking up my neutral safety switch. It was originally a Powerglide but when I bought it it was converted to a three speed. I have since put a 350 turbo in it with a turboglide switch and put back the orig auto column. The problem is someone must have bypassed the Neutral switch when using the 3-speed and I have had a heck of a time finding the 2 wires for the "L" part of the pigtail to the switch. I found the other pigtail (Purple wires) and it hooked up fine. The rest of the wiring is attached properly I just would like to know the colors of those 2 wires so I can work from there!! I WILL be replacing this harness in the near future, just using the old harness temporarily to use as a template before replacing it when I can afford that part of the refurbishing LOL...thanks in advance!!!!

John Hiles

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
The purple wires open the circuit to the starter solenoid when in any gear except neutral or park. The other 2 contacts are for back up lights and closes the circuit when in reverse. The back up lights were an option and not an RPO so the wires were not in the harness. I think they were green but not sure about that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The purple wires open the circuit to the starter solenoid when in any gear except neutral or park. The other 2 contacts are for back up lights and closes the circuit when in reverse. The back up lights were an option and not an RPO so the wires were not in the harness. I think they were green but not sure about that.
AHHHHHHH...mine does not have this backup light option (yet anyway) LOL. so I assume this "L" part of the switch is left alone then??? Thanks for the help DON!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts