Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a project that I put off. Every time I drove my 57 it was a death defying feat. Every time I looked at what I needed to do to correct the problem, replace the entire linkage, lower control arms and upper ball joints, I put it off.
Well...it's done. What a difference. She handles like its right off the show room floor. I can only post one pic at a time so...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The entire linkage and suspension was original which is incredible. The shocks were also original. Also added, a rear sway bar... It's a tight ride even though the power steering feels a bit slack. Still 100% better.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea...didn't add the front sway bar yet. I wanted to see the difference just updating everything would have. Also installed new tie rod ends, pitman arm. All needs to be adjusted now. She pulls to the right. Other than that shes solid at highway speeds. Going to bring her to my Mechanic, get all aligned. After driving awhile, I'll add the front sway bar, see if there's a noticeable difference.

·
Administrator
49,512 Posts
After driving awhile, I'll add the front sway bar, see if there's a noticeable difference.
You will see a huge difference and wonder why you didn`t add it sooner.
Terry

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe I will add it sooner now...I always defers to them that knows. Ok...here we go again...back under...:blowtiedb:

·
Administrator
49,512 Posts
Trust me you won`r regret adding it. Go take it for a quick run through a couple of curves. Then add it and go back through the same curves. I have both the front and rear sway bars, and it is a blast to drive on a curvy road now.
Terry

·
Registered
67,783 Posts
nice job, keep it up. :tu

1 - 10 of 10 Posts