Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I need to sell my 1957 bel air wagon. Everything except the rear end, body and frame (+/-) has been replaced.

Any advice on how to value/sell it?

Thanks,

Charles

·
Registered
887 Posts
Need lots of photos inside, outside, engine compartment, and undercarriage. It would also be helpful to have a list of things replaced/repaired instead of what's not... and a asking price... selling price is all in the beholder.

·
Administrator
49,480 Posts
Looks like a nice wagon. Just remember that we are pretty much still in a "buyers market" as far as i am concerned when selling a classic car. As far as price, i have never seen a 4dr wagon at that price.
Terry

·
Registered
887 Posts
Nice looking wagon! I also haven't seen a wagon, except Nomads, go for that price point but it is a asking price!

You might want to list the brands of some of the items like gauges, radio, radiator, brakes and what specifically the transmission is... "transmission with overdrive" could be a 3 speed 1957 standard O/D or a 480LE... big price difference!!

:anim_25:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Gents.

I will get out my receipts and be more specific.....and think about the price.

The tranny is a 700 r-4

Thanks again!

Charles

·
Premium Member
15,575 Posts
I don't doubt that you have that much invested in your wagon but like others have stated, That is a pretty high price for a Bel Air wagon. You will need to find a buyer that can appreciate your work.

·
Premium Member
4,731 Posts
Your best chance at selling a high end car is if everything is 100% done. So get a new windscreen in it. Then there will be nothing nagging a prospective buyer, and less reason to negotiate (too far) down.

·
Administrator
66,126 Posts
Awesome wagon

only you know how much sweet & tears went in to the build

you may want to consider putting that through a high end auction place

:anim_25:

·
Registered
67,729 Posts
beautiful wagon. :anim_25:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! I added some more specifics to my craigslist ad. I think it will take a wagon enthusiast to really consider buying this car. Hopefully there is one out there that wants it.

Thanks again!

Charles

·
Registered
10 Posts
That is a Badass looking wagon!!! I can tell you did it right and spared no expense. Might have trouble getting 45K for it... Best of luck to you!
Nice wagons are harder to come by than sedans and coupes. Searched a year before I bought mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.