What style clutch are you using?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
57 Bel Air Hardtop Projects 2009/10/11/14/15/17/18/19....

Im starting this thread to share my winter 2009 projects progress..the first piece is ready..New 17" X 11" Torque Thrust II rear wheels with a 3" backspacing and Toyo TQ drag radials 345/40/17..

Gonna get the car up on stands simulating ride height and get ready for mini tubs and a AME tri bar suspension ..Currie fabricated 9" rear..Richmond 5-speed..Boy will i be busy:)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Winter project, what's that?
Crusing seasons over till around the first of may..we got our first snow early and its time to get ready for next spring:)

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
C'mon now Mike i am still trying to enjoy the last of the warm days:D I know not many left either:eek:
Believe me id love to get out there somemore but they sanded the streets with the snow this week..it pretty much melted today but i dont want to get the trifive sandblasted..hehe..im done for the season and have plenty to get done before spring..

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Very cool winter project!

Those are the exact tires I've been looking at for my car.
Can you tell me the section width pf them mounted on the 11" wheels?

Thanks,

Geoff

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,152 Posts
Believe me id love to get out there somemore but they sanded the streets with the snow this week..it pretty much melted today but i dont want to get the trifive sandblasted..hehe..im done for the season and have plenty to get done before spring..
I'd say that's a fair call Mike ,you'll be busy enough fitting them in !
. are you sure they are w i d e enough ?
Nice wheels :tu

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Very cool winter project!

Those are the exact tires I've been looking at for my car.
Can you tell me the section width pf them mounted on the 11" wheels?

Thanks,

Geoff
Hi Geoff, heres the link with the tire spec's..i had quite the search to find a 28" tall ...17 tire with a sectional width 13"-1/4" on the 11" wheels. They just started making them a few months ago..I learned alot watchin your thread with Nick..basically im doin the same..

http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/proxes-tq

·
Premium Member
19,671 Posts
Hi Geoff, heres the link with the tire spec's..i had quite the search to find a 28" tall ...17 tire with a sectional width 13"-1/4" on the 11" wheels. They just started making them a few months ago..I learned alot watchin your thread with Nick..basically im doin the same..

http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/proxes-tq
nice wheels and tires :happy0030:
these babies outta make nices SMOKIES:character0029:

·
Registered
65,599 Posts
great looking wheels and tires mike! looks like a fun winter :party0031:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Sound's like your going to be busy, but those wheel's, and tire's are going to look sweet tucked up under the wheelwell's.................. :anim_25: Mike...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Crusing seasons over till around the first of may..we got our first snow early and its time to get ready for next spring:)
Gheeeez Mike! How scary is that. Snow already? Guess it won’t be too long before it hits around here too. It’s been a much too short cuising season IMO this year with all the rain and such.

BTW your ride looks absolutely awesome. :party0031: Where did you find it?

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gheeeez Mike! How scary is that. Snow already? Guess it won’t be too long before it hits around here too. It’s been a much too short cuising season IMO this year with all the rain and such.

BTW your ride looks absolutely awesome. :party0031: Where did you find it?
Thankyou for the complement..the basic car came out of Texas last september..went through a bunch of things last winter..exhaust/brakes/wiring/suspension...More upgrades this winter..these cars are never really finished:)

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
57 Projects update..The next piece of the puzzle:)

I did a little preassemby today of my Richmond Super Street 5-Speed..see how the fit to the Lakewood bellhousing was..how the Long shifter and linkage went together..the Mark Williams Billet Steel 1350 Trans Yoke. Mostly i wanted to see the whole thing together..a little motavational tool :). I was shopping for a Billet Steel Flywheel this morning..kinda undecided between the Centerforce or the Hays.Im leaving on the Wensday afternoon flight for the NHRA Las Vegas Nationals..gonna hang out with a buddy with his Injected Nitro Dragster..see how he does against John Force's daughters Courtney and Brittany.While im there i'll see what kinda deal i can swing on a flywheel at the Manufactors Midway.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SOMEMORE PROGRESS:)

I got into my shop finally today and got some progress. I welded some adjustable screwjacks out of a old set of jackstands so i could get the BelAir set level at ride height.I drilled out the factory spot welds for the tire well with a Blair spotweld cutter..boy did that work like a charm:) I rosette welded in the spare delete panel with my Miller 130 gas Mig and ground everything down with a 80 grit flapper disc on my mini grinder..all in all not a bad days work. Next is removing the trunk side vinyl panels and start marking out for the cuts to section for minitiubs.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 131 Posts