Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
That car looks pretty nice in the photos, except the interior...in my opinion it's probably worth more like $10k, not $15k.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For some reason I was thinkin' 2 door, when I even put "4DR" in title. (lol) That's what I get for getting up so early.

Steve

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I guess we'd both rather spend half that much up front and put twice as much into it! :)

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
They say that "a boat is a hole in the water to put money into". Does that mean that a car is "a hole in the asphalt to put money into"? I was adding up what I've spent on my '56 so far and I'm up to $7000 and haven't started on the body yet. I figure that if I bought a driver I would still end up putting hours and money into it. At least this way I know what I have.
Dave

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Contrary to all good advice, I don't keep track of how much I spend...my policy is "once it's spent, it's just water under the bridge!" That way all I need to do is save money until I can afford to buy the next part that I need, buy it, and move on! I guess you could call it living with my head in the sand, but I'm happier not know some things! :)

There are times that I sit back and wonder what I've spent since I got this car, but if I sit, take a few deep breaths, and relax, the feeling goes away :eek:

·
Administrator
49,664 Posts
Mike my plan is to keep all receipts and total them up after all is said and done,just for grins. And also if insurance decided they needed proof of how much was spent on the rebuild. Right now i have a stack of receipts about 2 inches thick. How much does that add up to? haha
Terry

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I shove all my receipts in a drawer in the garage for the same reason, but I'm sure I'll only add them up if the insurance company disputes my value! I don't really want to know the truth.

Two inches of receipts adds up to exactly "one hell of a lot!" :eek:

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
The only reason I know is that I'm just starting out. I just picked up a back seat yesterday for $100 and then I saw another friend and bought bumperettes and mounts from him for $60. I've got to save up now to buy the floors and trunk floor and wheel wells, etc......
Dave

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I had a running total for a while, too...then it just got too darn hard to remember!:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts