Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I am getting ready to replace the old carpet in my 2 dr. hardtop Belair. Q. which one would be less hassles to install, two piece or one piece carpet inserts. Will the one piece be more attractive with a center console with no seems, or a two piece. What have you guys installed in your tri-5's that look the best. Thanks

Robert

·
Administrator
70,863 Posts
I went for a one piece, there is more work as you need to align the holes for the seats, I made the front section go right up the fire wall I thought it looks better :anim_25:

BTW if you buy from Ciadella they may make to order :tu

·
Administrator
50,561 Posts
Will the one piece be more attractive with a center console with no seems, or a two piece.
You say a console? So does the car have bucket seats? If so then you want to go with the 1pc. Most 2pc. sets have a gap left under the seat.
Terry

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Terry, yes my 57 has buckets seats with a center console. Thought the one piece would attach better then the two piece. Would the one piece have excess length to the sill-plates & under neath the fire wall. Thanks for the info guys.

Robert

·
Administrator
50,561 Posts
Would the one piece have excess length to the sill-plates & under neath the fire wall. Thanks for the info guys.
Yes most carpet sets come with excess.
Terry

·
RIP 11/24/2021
68,758 Posts
ciadella interiors (a sponsor here), 10% disc. for trifive members. ask for gina. :tu

·
Registered
11,162 Posts
You will want a 1 piece molded loop carpet with bucket seats, I ordered extra yardage for my firewall, kick panels, trunk and floor mats.

http://www.accmats.com/

·
Administrator
50,561 Posts
You will want a 1 piece molded loop carpet with bucket seats,
Unless he prefers the look of the cut pile.;)
Terry

·
Registered
1956 2 door post 4 speed Muncie
691 Posts
Replace sound barrier insulation

When you re do your carpeting are you also going to do your sound barrier/insulation? I was thinking of re doing my carpet and figured I may as well while I have it apart. Mine is looking a little ratty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.