Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
So when I bought the car, it came with some type of bastardized GM HEI distributor. The coil was made in China, the coil cover was junk, the cap had a chunk missing out of it and the inside of the distributor (where the control module mounts) was covered in spray paint.
My origin plan was to replace the cap, rotor, coil, coil cover, module, etc.
After doing some pricing of parts (which would have been around $110), I found that it would be a better value to just buy a brand new genuine AC/Delco HEI distributor. I bought the new distributor for $220 on Amazon and its genuine AC/Delco made at their factory in Mexico. Comes fully complete.
Household hardware Gas Plumbing Auto part Metal

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
The previous owner of the car had 2-1/2" dual exhaust system installed with MagnaFlow mufflers, which were VERY LOUD. Usually after taking the car for a 45 minute drive, I would end up with a splitting headache . . . also impossible to listen to the radio.

So after doing some research on the internet, I decided to swap out the MagnaFlow mufflers with some DynoMax Super Turbo mufflers. The MaganFlow muffler is at the top of the photo and the DynoMax Super Turbo is at the bottom of the photo.

Gas Cylinder Auto part Composite material Metal

As you can see the DynoMax Super Turbo muffler is a little bit shorter, so I ordered a piece of 2-1/2" exhaust pipe to cut and install to make up the difference.

Gas Automotive exhaust Tool Auto part Rim

After removing the MagnaFlow mufflers off the car, it became apparent why they were so loud. I could actually see completely through the inside of the MagnaFlow from one end to the other.

I got the DynoMax Super Turbo mufflers on Amazon for about $45 a piece.
Product Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Orange Automotive tire

Wood Carton Packaging and labeling Font Packing materials

81 - 83 of 83 Posts