Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, i was recently given a 1970 chevy caprice and was thinking of using its disc braking system (rotors, spindles,master cylinder, booster, etc.and tilt steering column. i was wondering if 1. they will fit or 2. are they worth modifying. (if need be) -- any comments or sugestions?

·
Registered
68,758 Posts
hi cruizer and welcome back! try the "search" bar above. i think there was a thread about this recently ;):)

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
I believe it would be cheaper and easier in the long run to buy the correct kit. 69 amd newer GM pass columns have keys in them amd are larger O.D amg do not look right in older cars.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
i have a thread that's open about a PS / disc brake conversion for the 1957. so far its about 3 pages long, so its probably worth reading. the thread is active now, so you'll be able to find it in the last day or to of activity.

i'm not excited about modern steering columns because of the key setup that's been previously mentioned.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point on the steering column. i had forgotten about the key. As for the disc brakes i will go with correct kit. It'll probably be easier to set it up in the long run. ---Thanks for the input!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.