Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi from Washington state.
This is my first post for my 57 Chevy Belair post. I'm having trouble getting the stainless door trim to fit tight to the door. Both ends have a threaded stud, but the remaining 6-holes between the studs are square. The clips set I bought from Danchuks are a push in type for the square holes. They don't pull the trim tight to the door. Does anybody out there make clips with a threaded stud? This type of fastenier would pull it flush to the door. What is the best mehtod to pull the trim tight to the door?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike from Yakima, Washington

·
Registered
7,361 Posts
Welcome to trifive Mike! :shakehands: I have to do the same thing using Danchucks clips. Now you have me worried, I better start looking for something different too.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Will and Mike, I used Danchuk clips on my 57 doors and they worked just fine. Are you sure you got the correct item?
Jim

·
Administrator
67,925 Posts
I have the same but they sit tight, the end clips are different though they have a screw that goes into the clip. You do not want the mould to be extra tight as it will pull the door metal in and not look straight.
Check to see if you have the correct clips.

·
Administrator
49,940 Posts
Welcome to Tri Five Mike. Not a problem finding different clips. Go to a local upholstery shop and look through an Auveco catalog. The stud clips are in there and are made for different width molding.
Terry

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Welcome Aboard Mike! the members here are a wealth of information and experience with these beautiful cars..as mentioned a local body shop supply should be able to find you the studded molding clips your looking for:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.