Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Received new parts shipment. Seems like Christmas is early this year (I needed it).

Purchased 13" brakes from CPP and I really like how they look. Quality is there also. The pics seems to make the caliper look black put it is all chrome. The pic was taken next to the car. The black is coming from the black primer I have on the car reflecting off of the chrome.

The upper and lower control arms are very nice! I could not be happier with these pieces. Just for fun I placed the control arm on top of the stock one just to get a feel for appearance (see photo).

The only problem with the control arms was small. They would rub on the pack & pinion boot. We contacted Direct Fit Brakes and CPP about this. They solved the problem quickly. Photos this weekened will show how this was fixed.

We finished with the Flaming River column this week. I will post photos of on this over the weekend. It works great with no installation problems at all.

Well...time to go hit the road for work.

Hope everyone is making progress on their cars. It is great for me to follow each of them. Unfortunatly, with this being my first one I can not contribute as much as others. But I am here anyway!!

Don
Houston

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nice

BatterdBull said:
Hello Everyone,

Received new parts shipment. Seems like Christmas is early this year (I needed it).

Purchased 13" brakes from CPP and I really like how they look. Quality is there also. The pics seems to make the caliper look black put it is all chrome. The pic was taken next to the car. The black is coming from the black primer I have on the car reflecting off of the chrome.

The upper and lower control arms are very nice! I could not be happier with these pieces. Just for fun I placed the control arm on top of the stock one just to get a feel for appearance (see photo).

The only problem with the control arms was small. They would rub on the pack & pinion boot. We contacted Direct Fit Brakes and CPP about this. They solved the problem quickly. Photos this weekened will show how this was fixed.

We finished with the Flaming River column this week. I will post photos of on this over the weekend. It works great with no installation problems at all.

Well...time to go hit the road for work.

Hope everyone is making progress on their cars. It is great for me to follow each of them. Unfortunatly, with this being my first one I can not contribute as much as others. But I am here anyway!!

Don
Houston
Looks great! Who made the control arms? Thanks. Scott

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scott,

Control arms are from Classic Performance Products.

Dave: It has been a learning experice. That I can say with confidence. As each step is finished, completing the car begines to seems possible. At first it felt like it would never happen.

Today I meet with a member of this forum who runs a local Houston shop. We are going to talk about body work and paint.

When body work and paint begin the engine will be ordered. All specs are ready and the shop is waiting to start.

The interior shop has me on their waiting list and all seems to be set there.

We have two "finish dates": Christmas (really close on this one), or Feb 8 (birthday).

See everyone later...great weather here in TX!

DC

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
I'm going to a swap meet the 15th to see if I can pick up any more goodies. I've got to get some overtime before I can order the floor parts. I have found an engine and trans to use to get it closer to being a driver.
Dave

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just purchased the same control arms from CPP last week. Glad to hear that you didn't have too many problems with installation! I will not get mine on my "55" for a couple of weeks. Would like to see a post installation photo if you get time. Thanks!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JWB

Did not get a shot of control arms test mounted. Sorry. The frame is now being powder coated. The frame should be back within 2-weeks. As soon as the arms are back on I will post a shot. You will probably have yours on by then.

DC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts