Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I have run out of places to look for 1957 butt seats springs unit. I have found new back seat spring units but non for the butt. I do own and operate an Upholstery shop and usualy repair myself but this butt unit has extensive
rust damage and I have googled and froogled and msn till Im blue in the face. Then I thought who better to ask than the people who have done nothing but Chevys. Hope you dont mind but I have no where else to turn. Thank you so much for your time. Any info would be great...:)

Karen

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Hey Karen, Welcome to Trifive, I haven't seen any butt seat springs listed anywhere myself and that includes all the major Trifive reproduction/restoration suppliers, new or used. Maybe somebody here has a donor car you can get some from. If any is to be found, somebody here will know.

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
When I rebuilt my front seat, I used several springs from a 4 door donor cushion. I also had to weld a few cracks in the frame work. If it is just springs, you can get them from a 4 door seat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your replies. The entire butt spring unit is toast. A complete rebuild is out of the question...easier if I could just drop in a new or used unit that needed just a tad done on springs.I have found a place Danchuk with the back unit but no word from them as to the butt spring unit...quess I will have to call them...lol...wish me luck...Im going to need it for...likr...sure!

Karen

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Mike, you are a star!!

Your help is invaluable to folk with less idea! (like me!!)

Sorru Karen, I have no input to this, but there must be places that sell springs, and the frame is simply rod! It SHOULD be quite simple to build! (Says he with no idea!!:rolleyes: )

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you Papa Mike. I cant find a licken thing out there anywhere. Guess I will have to rebuild almost from scratch....dunno:rolleyes: again..thank you all.

Karen

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Karen; i checked out your C&C upholstery web site:D , Really liked the buggy and street rod videos:p . Ya'll do really good work. I'll keep looking and if I find a butt seat frame and springs I'll let you know. Keep us posted how things turn out.

·
Administrator
49,658 Posts
Karen you might also keep an eye on e-bay for some seats, but they aren`t going to be cheap. There are several places that sell used parts besides new parts and might be able to locate another seat.
Terry

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank You Papa Mike & Terry
It has been one awsome day and just getting better by the minute!!

Still not what Im looking for darn it....but great place to keep in mind Papa and e-bay has great deals on just about anything and everything.
I have been air brushing for a bit now and I found everything there for what I needed. What fun it is...

Gosh Papa Mike....I really have to up date my web...lol.....I need three of me to keep up with myself:D Thank you for the kind words....I need to put the car I did on the first page...it won Grand Prize over all areas of upholstery...And I thought I would be lucky to just place somewhere in auto...lol

You all have a great day!!
Karen

1 - 12 of 12 Posts