Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bowtier::confused0006:I installed new rubber (T&T) and clips including extra clips and have been unable to get the the garnish molding to stay cliped. This is not just at the corners but the entire rear glass. Have talked to other TRI-5 guys around here and they don't understand why the moulding won't clip. My 57 is a two door sedan and new rubber had a tag saying was for a sedan. Is their any way to tell if the rubber was mismarked and they sent me the rubber for hardtop? Also, The rear glas is the orginal glass. Any ideas/ help woud be appreciated.:bowtier:

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Don't recall the specific post, but one of the members earlier mentioned using extra clips on the back glass to help retain the moulding over the gasket, while this may not be the solution to the entire problem, I thought I'd mention it. Good Luck!

·
Registered
427 Posts
The 57 sedan rear seal has the flap on the inside to trim out the opening. And make sure you have the molding turned the right way so the little ridge is catching on the clip, as there's a right and wrong way.

·
Administrator
49,960 Posts
And make sure you have the molding turned the right way so the little ridge is catching on the clip, as there's a right and wrong way.
The upper trim will only go one way. It is turned so it would overlap the edge of the roof if turned wrong. Did you add extra clips around the lower curve? There was a post a few weeks back about someone else having the same problem and it ended up being the clips were bad. They found some better clips and listed the vendor they got them from.
Terry

·
Registered
913 Posts
I doubt that you have hardtop rubber since the windows are not the same size as the sedans. Extra clips are the way to go especially in the corners. Order 2 packs. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Just a suggestion.

Make sure the molding is going between the body and the clip. Which I'm sure you're doing.

If the molding goes between the clip and the rubber it won't stay in.

·
Registered
623 Posts
MAKE SURE YOU ARE INSTALLING THE MOLDING SO THAT THE LIP OF THE MOLDING IS GOING TO CATCH ON THE CLIP.

Yes the top molding can be installed upside down without you knowing It.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts