Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 57 truck and the brake pedal hits the floor board and makes a loud noise when you take your foot off the brake. Is there suppose to be a stop or bumper that the pedal is suppose to hit so it does not hit the floor board on the way up? Thanks

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
55,390 Posts

·
Administrator
70,807 Posts
The pedal shouldnt be hitting the toeboard.

Check master cyclinder first see if its empty, if it is its time to looks for fluid.

Check your cyclinders, easy way to tell is have a look on the rear side of the wheels see if theres any fluid, also check your lines make sure none are leaking.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Murphy, I am just asking here,is it the brake pedal? OR is it the Clutch Pedal?
as the clutch pedal does have a rubber Bumper that should be on this pedal
Only reason i ask is that my Son drove my 59 back and forth from school and said to
me that the pedal made Noise when he released it! i checked and the bumper was
missing.
Just FWIW
Allen

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I should have mentioned that I installed the master cyl. adapter on my truck so I could use a dual master cylinder. I did not use the brakes before so I don't know if the pedal hit the floor board before or not but now it does. It looks like it needs to almost, so that the brake switch would make. The pedal is also real high. You have to really pick your leg up to use it. Thanks for any help and ideas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.