Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
R.I.P. 3-19-2017
15,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching the news last night and saw a very sad sight. Among the burned up ruins of a very large house in Colorado was a burned out hulk of a 57 Convertible that looked like it once was a gorgeous vehicle. A number of things can be of course replaced but something like that? well not so much.

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
15,014 Posts
I drive by an old farm that burnt last year during a large grass fire. There was a 56 2dr hard top next to the house hidden my the trees. all is burnt up just the concrete walls and the rusy hulk of the chevy left. I feel sad every time I see it. I know the guy who owns the farm left to him by his parents. it was his dads car and dad had purchased it new. what a bummer.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
OK, so question...I know it would be a lot of work, but would the metal be stable enough to restore such a car? ...or would the fire cause the metal to weaken, and make a restoration unsafe?

Not asking about the cost, we all know that everything needs to be changed, just wondering if someone wanted to go ahead with such a project, if it would work??

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
I'm guessing that a fire would have weakened the strength of the metal and certainly warped the heck out of it. Probably the heavier metal such as the frame might be ok. Guess if someone was brazen enough, they could try a restore. Just my thoughts, Carmine.

·
KINGS X 56 = R.I.P. August 31, 2014Senior Member 2
2,885 Posts
I hate to put it this way but if it went through extreme heat from a fire it's TOAST.

No other way to say it....sorry. I feel bad for the owner, loss of his home, car, and belonging. But thank God if they made it out alive.

KINGS X 56

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.