Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Murphy's Law - When you loose a hubcap, it can't happen on an open road with no on-coming traffic. No, it has to fly off and then proceed to get run over by the pack of vehicles headed the opposing direction. Most painful part is watching it all happen in the rear view mirror as you attempt to get turned around to retrieve it.

That said..............Just had brakework done on the car and of course 1 of the caps went for a roll on its own. Now looking for a driver quality stock dog dish, poverty cap or 2 for my '57 210.

If anyone has such a thing lying around that they want to part with, shoot me a PM. I have posted on tri-five classifieds as well.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
67,764 Posts
that does stinks, know the feeling. :confused0062:

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Sorry, I don't have any hubcaps to help you out. We all know Murrphy, and if I ever catch up to him, I'm taking my tire iron to him!!! Hope you find some more.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I have a driver set of Corvette caps, of which one is an oddball without the raised outer edge. $200 for the set. They fit 15" wheels with the 3 big nubs. Caps are 10 1/2".
John

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
57 Dogdish Hubcaps

I'm in the market for new ones also. I still have all four of mine, but they're not in very good condition. One appears to have been replaced at one point, because the metal is significantly thinner than the other three. Does anyone have any experience with new replacements from the various vendors?

Didn't mean to hijack... thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts