Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am currently doing a frame off restoration of a 57 2 door hardtop with my father, The sbc 350 we have for the project does not let us run a mechanical fuel pump so we will need to run an electric one. Does anyone have photos of their electric fuel pump mounted on the frame? Also looking for suggestions on fuel line routing. Pictures would be great!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Wow no one replied yet..
Ok let's start with your electrical fuel pump for your SBC (guessing carbureted ), I would highly recommend not getting something from Holley/Aeromotive that flows 100+ gallons hour. Those pumps are large, noisy and WAY overkill for even a performance SBC.
You want something like a Carter P74017, or a Mr Gasket S12 (main thing is get one that flows ~35gph.
Where I had mount pump mounted (when I was running that) was right above in front of the gas tank (in front = towards the front of the car) about the same level where the fuel outlet is on the tank. A bracket was screwed to the body above the tank and allowed the pump to sit ~6 inches lower.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts