Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started taking apart the front end of my 57 today and man I've never seen so many bolts. Sure is a whole lot different than a 69 Camaro.
Going to install a new motor an trans, and figured I'd go ahead and get the motor area cleaned up and do some fixin on the fenders.

·
RIP: 10-27-2018
3,279 Posts
As Chevy said, Its better to remove the clip first. WIth the air ducts in the fenders, its more complicated than a 55-56 or most other cars.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yes, the 55 & 56 are easy, I think I counted 12 fasteners and my frt. clip was off!
1) Removed hood and antenna on fender...didn't count those 4 bolts and 1 nut!
2) Removed 1 top/rear fender bolt on each side.
3) Removed 1 bottom/rear fender bolt each side.
4) Removed 1 bottom/rear sheet metal bolt for the inner fender/wheel well brace on each side.
5) Removed 2 sheet metal bolts inside the wheel well about halfway up the rear of WW.
6) Removed the 2 nuts & washers on the lower front cross member to radiator support.

I did discover that you won't have to lift it so high if you remove the front tires! They will be off when it goes back on! I removed the radiator and wiring harness going across the front first, also.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Nose comes off easy. If you have a 57 shop manual they tell you how to do it step by step. Make sure you take the 3 screws on each side for the air vents out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts