241 - 260 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
When I did the flip steel frontend on my Falcon gasser I used a similar material for the pads. But I also used stainless steel on the contact area to avoid rubbing the paint off the metal on adjacent areas. I epoxied the metal strips to the car, and then put pop rivets at each end just to ensure the strips stayed in place. Worked out nicely, and remained looking good for years.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
When I did the flip steel frontend on my Falcon gasser I used a similar material for the pads. But I also used stainless steel on the contact area to avoid rubbing the paint off the metal on adjacent areas. I epoxied the metal strips to the car, and then put pop rivets at each end just to ensure the strips stayed in place. Worked out nicely, and remained looking good for years.
When I did mine I was worried about it all blending in , so I used the 3m stone guard material they put at bottom of new trucks. It is barely noticeable and works great so far.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
Good plan. Still dialing in the details, have a little trouble with repeatability at bottom of fenders, may need to brace them somehow

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #255 ·
Brad at Littlefield Superchargers hooked me up with a mockup snout so I could move forward cutting hood, now I can roll the edges and brace the bottom. Getting there babysteps at a time

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #258 ·
Finished the edge around opening, next is the bracing under it

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Wow that looks great, my only concern from a paint standpoint will it take a coating on that fine edge? If it coats fine I’d stay well away from it with the buffer!
I totally like it though just trying to look ahead👀

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
I think the lip looks fantastic! Not much of a painter myself, but can't see why it wont take paint. Some tape on it during buffing will protect it I'd think. Nicely done!

241 - 260 of 272 Posts