Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've just cut both rear quater panels of my 57 hardtop to get ready for fitting of new ones and the outer rocker on the left side goes all the way back to the front of the rear wheel.

On the right side the outer rocker only goes as far as the B/door pillar and stops.

Is this normally how they are supposed to be.

Cheers

Mal

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a picture of the left side rocker

And this is a picture of the right side rocker

The left side around the door opening looks very dodgee

·
Registered
8,875 Posts
Hi all,

I've just cut both rear quater panels of my 57 hardtop to get ready for fitting of new ones and the outer rocker on the left side goes all the way back to the front of the rear wheel.

On the right side the outer rocker only goes as far as the B/door pillar and stops.

Is this normally how they are supposed to be.

Cheers

Mal
Left side has a 4door rocker. Maybe it was replaced in the past. They use that rocker so they could to repair bottom of quarter at same time.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Not sure this is what happened with your car.

But back many years ago when replacement body parts weren't as a available as today a replacement outer rocker was sold by places like J.C. Whitney.

This replacement rocker went from the front of the rocker to the front of the rear wheel well opening. In one piece.

How do I know this? I've seen a set of these replacement parts on another '57.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.