Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of this 57 on ebay. Is it worth the money? Its looks rough, but I'd like to have a hard top. Its item #140439691557.\
Let me know what you think.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,379 Posts

·
Administrator
9,079 Posts
I agree with the 10,000 figure, but rest assured it will need a lot of bodywork. It is a 2 dr hardtop and that carries a lot of value.

Otis:)

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Maybe?

James, It looks like the seller has been pretty upfront with the areas that the car will need a lot of metal work on. If you've got the skills necessary to perform the work - then it looks like a pretty good deal. If not, the metal work could cost a lot if you have to farm it out.

You have to estimate what it might cost to restore it and compare that to current prices for a similar car that has been restored. You don't want to get too far above that unless it really doesn't matter to you. We've seen MANY TriFives much worse that these guys have brought back to Driver & Show Quality cars. Good Luck on your decision. :)

·
Registered
66,315 Posts
:confused0006: looks like a good buy.

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Wow its got a CRATE MOTER, if he found it in a barn it would be cheap at twice the price. I like the Impala rear seat but the van buckets got to go. Probabaly not a bad buy for a guy with a MIG & Plasma Cutter.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. I've done a few Camaro's and Nova's. Never done a 57. I figure that I can drive and restore at the same time though.
I'll let you know if we can strike a deal.

·
Registered
557 Posts
iz just gonna say i hope you got skills, lol. if it was me and i had ten to start off with. id save another five and lots of work. i dunno where you live, but there was a post on ebay from kc that was well worth the money, think it was blue if i rememeber right

1 - 10 of 10 Posts