Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled the heater cover and core to replace my firewall pad. Inside the heater cover (and sticking out of the top of the cover) is a copper wire with something on the end of it that sticks out the top (picture attached). Can anyone tell me what this is and what the top should attach to, if anything.
Appreciate your help.

Roger

Attachments

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,379 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
Roger:
I just e-mailed you 5 drawings showing the removal and installation of the core, control valve and capillary tube. These drawings are from "How To Restore Your 1957 Chevy" which I believe is still available from classicchevy.com and is of great value for all trifive owners.
Good luck.
ken 57

·
50,379 Posts
Good goin' Ken :):tu

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
Thanks. Maybe someday i will figure out how to post those documents through this website so all the members can benefit.
ken 57

·
Administrator
48,740 Posts
"How To Restore Your 1957 Chevy
This book is also available from site sponsor "muttonhollow". Just bought a copy about a month ago myself.
Terry

·
50,379 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Roger:
I just e-mailed you 5 drawings showing the removal and installation of the core, control valve and capillary tube. These drawings are from "How To Restore Your 1957 Chevy" which I believe is still available from classicchevy.com and is of great value for all trifive owners.
Good luck.
ken 57
Ken:

Got your emails. Perfect! Thanks for sending them.

Roger

1 - 12 of 12 Posts