Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I just joined tonight. Back in 1966-1968 the local kids in Westminster MD replaced their 57 hood rockets with chrome hemispheres that appeared to fit right into the spoons. I liked the look but when I got my 57 in 1990 nobody anywhere (e.g., Eckler's, Danchuk, etc.) had any idea what I was describing. Somebody at a cruise-in suggested they might have come off a 57 Olds. Any ideas?

What I would prefer to do is replace the rockets with round light lenses that would fit right into the spoons. I would remove the grill bar and use them as turn signals. Any ideas?

WaynePM

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,691 Posts
Made my own concoction, back in the day.....Took out the airplanes and bolted on the bracket somehow...Ended up with the half moon and scoop.

What you are trying to do sounds very similar and brings back old memories.:)

·
Registered
3,112 Posts

·
Banned
8,304 Posts
:sign0016: and I have no answer for you but what part of FL. are you from if I may ask? I did see turn signals in the rockets in a magazine.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,691 Posts

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Rocket less

Made my own concoction, back in the day.....Took out the airplanes and bolted on the bracket somehow...Ended up with the half moon and scoop.

What you are trying to do sounds very similar and brings back old memories.:)
I have two of the store bought half circle / baby moons to cover up the area where the rockets once were.. Mike

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Hello All,

I just joined tonight. Back in 1966-1968 the local kids in Westminster MD replaced their 57 hood rockets with chrome hemispheres that appeared to fit right into the spoons. I liked the look but when I got my 57 in 1990 nobody anywhere (e.g., Eckler's, Danchuk, etc.) had any idea what I was describing. Somebody at a cruise-in suggested they might have come off a 57 Olds. Any ideas?

What I would prefer to do is replace the rockets with round light lenses that would fit right into the spoons. I would remove the grill bar and use them as turn signals. Any ideas?

WaynePM
I have an old set of chrome hemispheres. Welcome to TriFive

Also replaced my rockets with LED lights. I use them for daytime running lights.

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Bihili, That what they look like thanks, Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
57 hood rocket modifications

Hello, all,

I'm still new at this (I'm still not on face book) and already have made a few mistakes. I tried to answer back into the thread but I think it went as a reported rule violation instead. Sorry. I hope this gets through. I live in Flagler Beach, 20 miles North of Daytona Beach. I would love to purchase or trade for a pair of the chrome half-moons/hemispheres 2 of you said you have. How do they attach? Bill, I love the lights you replaced your rockets with. How do I get them? It looks in the picture like you removed the spoons. Will the lights fit into the spoons?

Wayne
[email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts