Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just spotted this over at CT.....Thought it was too good not to share.

1st Row:
#98 is Marvin Panch/DePaolo Engineering Ford
#22 is Fireball Roberts/DePaolo Engineering Ford

2nd Row:
#87 is Buck Baker/SEDCO Black Widow
#17 is Jim Paschal/Bill Stroppe Mercury

3rd Row
#99 is Curtis Turner/DePaolo Engineering Ford
#47 is Jack Smith/SEDCO Black Widow

4th Row:
#46 is Speedy Thompson/SEDCO Black Widow
# 8 is Ralph Moody/DePaolo Engineering Ford

5th Row:
#42 is Lee Petty/Petty Enterprises '57 Olds
#14 is Billy Myers/Bill Stroppe '57 Merc

It was the 8th race of the '57 GN season at Asheville-Weaverville, NC speedway on 3/31/57. Buck Baker won the race, Speedy Thompson was 2nd and Jim Paschal finised 3rd.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Wow times have sure changed!! See the father & son running on the berm at top of picture and all of the folks standing right on the berm exiting turn four!! Man now you can't even get close to the cars when they're in the paddock. What ever happened to the good ole day's? I used to ride in the package tray of my mom's Falcon, and Fairlane, and dad's Pontiacs. :D

·
Registered
66,304 Posts
thanks for sharring pops. :party0031:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Excellent photo Pops. :happy0030: Thanks for sharing. :tu And look at that... a 1-2 finish for the Black Widows. :party0031: :tu

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Wow times have sure changed!! See the father & son running on the berm at top of picture and all of the folks standing right on the berm exiting turn four!! Man now you can't even get close to the cars when they're in the paddock. What ever happened to the good ole day's? I used to ride in the package tray of my mom's Falcon, and Fairlane, and dad's Pontiacs. :D
Todays kids ride in car seats and wear helmets when riding their bikes. In my day we would have wrecked any kid with a helmet to see if it worked.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Great Photo, Pops. You can see the Asheville Speedway from I-40 west bound, it is still in business. Kathy says tell Mom "Hi". Charles :wavey:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
KOOL photo Pops thanks for posting:anim_44: Later, Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts